Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Andrus'

My wonderful friend Wendee and her cute little family came to visit us a few weeks ago and it was SO great to see all of them. I can't believe her daughter Jhordan is already 10 years old. I remember her as a little tiny baby like it was yesterday! Wendee and I have been friends since 9Th grade, we've pretty much been inseparable since. Too bad I'm a jerk and moved to Seattle. One day, one day, maybe one day I will move back home OR even better they will come up here!
The one thing I love the most about Wendee is no matter what kind of crazy shenanigans we have going on in our lives we both know no matter what we're there for each other and always will be. I love this girl. I know I've said this before but I really truly have the best friends a girl could ask for! I love that we could go months and months without seeing each other and we pretty much pick up right where we left off! We're both nerds and get hooked on the same TV shows and she's trying to push the Twilight books on me and I'm giving them another shot OKAY Wendee!


Any who, we had a great time while they were here. We ate dinner at the top of the Space Needle. We got there right at sun down and it was absolutely beautiful! I have never been there at night and neither had James so it was amazing!

Mathew just LOVED having Jhordan and Tyler over at our house, every morning we would play on my bed and Mathew just couldn't get enough!
Tyler was Mathew's age when I lived at Wendee's house (which feels like yesterday) and I can't believe he's already five! He started Kindergarten this year, which reminds me I need to see how everything went! Alright, back to their visit....We also went to the Museum of Flight which was ten times cooler than I thought it would be! Click here to check their website. Mathew was super grumpy so James and I had to take turns going through the planes. At some point we totally lost Wendee and her family so for about an hour, maybe more we tried to walk around and find them. They thought we were in the same building we started out in and were wandering around there the whole time OOPS! He he, meanwhile James, Mathew and I had toured the whole rest of the museum and were taking double takes wondering where the heck they were. Ha ha, I can't stop laughing about that!

After the Museum of Flight we went to the Ballard Locks in Ballard. The Ballard Locks is an area where the Puget Sound links to Lake Union and Lake Washington. Boats go through here to go from Lake Union to the Puget Sound and visa versa. Since the water levels are different the boats have to go through the locks to be transported. Click here to learn more. It was a beautiful day and we saw some amazing boats going through, man I wish I could afford a yacht....Some day some day. We also walked down to the fish ladders where we saw HUGE salmon just swimming along, it made me pretty hungry. Here's a pic a nice guy took for us.


We had a great time with the Andrus family and I can't wait to see them all again!!! Jhordan and Tyler were a hoot and we had a blast taking funny pics the whole way home! I miss you guys and love you! Come back ASAP!




No comments:

Post a Comment