Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas To All

James, Mathew and I had such a great Christmas...once we were able to leave our house!
We got stuck just as we were backing out Christmas Eve, I guess I forgot how compacted the snow was! That was it, we weren't going anywhere! James had to drive from his dads to our house with HORRIBLE roads and dig us out! We finally arrived at James' dads aka Grandpa Dan, just in time for dinner! It was so great to see everyone, I had no idea how much I missed them! A lot of the family hadn't seen Mathew since he was just a couple months old so it had really been a long time! Mathew had so much fun opening presents and being cute with everyone, we can't wait to see them again! He got some really cute outfits and A LOT of toys! James' Grandpa also made me an absolutely beautiful jewelry box, he does a lot of woodwork. I feel so special to have received one of his pieces!

Christmas morning we had a yummy breakfast with James' mom Linda aka Grandma Linda, Mathew really loves her sticky bread....sadly I do to! I contribute my Christmas weight gain to these. Thanks Linda! Mathew got a really cool train from Santa that he won't sit on but will push around all over the house. He got a bunch of other toys that are so fun! He has more toys than he knows what to do with, which is pretty great for me so I can get stuff done :) The rest of the day was very nice and relaxing. It was so wonderful to spend time with James' family, we really don't see them enough! That is definitely one of my New Years resolutions!


We had such a great Christmas, we were very spoiled. We're very grateful and feel truly blessed for all our wonderful families and love and miss you guys so much! We all hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Looking forward to 2009 and what it will bring!

1 comment:

  1. Boy, look how big your little guy is getting! I just saw your message on my blog...I'm sure you posted it an eternity ago...I have seen that movie (I LOVE IT!)...looks like life is treating you well. If you are on facebook, by chance, look me up; that's my new obsession!

    ReplyDelete