Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow In Seattle!

Although it happens about twice a year, we're never ready for it and when it hits it pretty much shuts down the whole city! This was the best picture I could get because one, it's way too cold to walk far from my house and two I'm lazy and didn't even want to walk off my padio. So there you go! It's beautiful and I love it but it makes for really bad driving conditions. Being from Salt Lake I know how to drive in snow, however these roads are next to imposible to drive on! The only streets that are plowed are main highways! The side streets are covered with ice and until it warms up or you go pour sea salt-Molly that one is for you, outside on the ice it's not going anywhere. We have about 8 more inches coming our way so I'm looking forward to being stuck at home for two or three more days and am praying I can drive down south in time for Christmas!
Take a look see at the picture I've posted below. I managed to snap this as I was driving to my office yesterday and WOW is all I have to say! People really don't take precaution and take it slow when it's icy outside! If you can't tell what it is, it's two tour buses that went through a wall almost falling onto the major freeway I-5 in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment